Sunday, 28 February 2010

The dynamics of this 2nd semester has been so so different from last year. With 2 good friends I truly counted on moving out of hall, I was doubtful this sem could still be awesome.

This semester, I havent been going for Cross training at all - its been 7 weeks, probably about 20 trainings or so?
I miss the crossers so much, running alongside and complaining to ameera and tricia especially, i miss you guys so much. dashing those hell-of-a-insane intervals, starting when im even doubtful i can complete them. coming back to hall with dex and baldwin for dinner, soft legs aching to rest the night, but a mind so energetic, it could 'run' another 20 miles worth of academics.

What a big sacrifice I've made this semester, for USP and hall stuff. Chingay, HPB and small peripheral stuff like KR reports etc. To tell you the truth, I havent been 100% or even 90% well since the semester started. I get a sore throat almost forenightly, and a fever maybe once in 3 weeks. And i DONT even eat biscuits.:s like darren said, he felt like a 'live kicking chicken', i think i felt the same too, especially 2 weeks ago, during Chingay. I know that if I dont take time off to rest, I'll really seriously never recover and something drastic might happen. So, I've decided to commit 100% to WMYC, and HPB this semester, and of course academics.

I'll still go for long runs on my own and prob do a 21km for Stan Chart end of this year.

Thank you to all those who've stood by me this time - truly understanding me when I take so damn long to reply smses or reply monosyllabic stuff - its not me to do that, you guys know that, and you guys always make it a point to catch me at a better time, and make me share. esp, jastine, you've been super damn awesome:)

Thank you hpb-ers and 4th floor girls for the discipline you guys share - 8.30am breakfasts EVERY MORNING (regardless of the time we sleep) and study sessions when we can make it:)

Thank you for the joy you guys share when we are doing tough stuff or when we are bonding.

Thank you vera and abc and mc who're always here for me no matter where I may disappear to. the seat you guys save for me at lectures no matter if i turn up or not always remind me of how lucky i am.

Thank you mum and dad for always helping me out and making my life so pretty sweet and comfortable.

Thank you God for giving me everything I need, for Your Grace is always sufficient and I should always, always, always remember that, when the going gets tough.

Tough week ahead - 2 tests, gotta churn out Paper II draft by Friday to be ready for Writing Assistant, China Essay, EL project, secret event:), meetings, IVLE response for pop culture.

just asking, just 24 hours a day, has anyone else done this before, without any secret compromises?

P.S Hwee! if you see this, this is another version of MY FOREVER FAVOURITE SONG, hope you like this version too:D